Know Before You Go
Disney store is taking a responsible and phased approach to reopening and implementing a number of new health and safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
While your next shopping experience may look and feel a bit different, rest assured that every re-opened Disney store location will offer outstanding Guest Service and the very best products featuring all your favorite pals.
Your continued passion for our characters and stories means the world to the entire Disney store and shopDisney team, and we are looking forward to sharing the magic with you again, very soon.
What are Disney stores doing in response to COVID-19?
In accordance with guidance from health authorities, we’re implementing the following health and safety measures:
- Implementing a phased reopening approach to determine when it is appropriate to reopen each Disney store location
- Reducing store hours and Disney store capacities to help facilitate physical distancing
- Relocating fixtures, furniture and products to make navigating the store easier
- Implementing a requirement that face coverings be worn by Guests ages 2 and up and Cast Members while in the Disney store
- Ensuring easy access to hand sanitizers for Guests and Cast Members
- Temporarily pausing Opening Ceremony and in-store events
- Enhancing our cleaning procedures throughout the day
- Deploying new training and health screening protocols for Cast Members
How can I find out if my local Disney store is open?
Please refer to the Store Locator page for the latest information about your local Disney store
Are all Disney stores reopening?
We are carefully monitoring the situation in all areas where we have stores. We will continue to make adjustments to our operations as appropriate and look forward to welcoming Guests back as soon as it is advisable.
What will Disney stores do to facilitate physical distancing?
Disney stores will follow health officials' recommendations for physical distancing. Physical distancing measures include limited capacity in stores with greeters at storefront, in-store signage about physical distance requirements, as well as contactless payment options, and the installation and use of plexiglass shields at cash registers.
Will Guests be required to wear masks or face coverings to enter the store?
Yes, the use of appropriate face coverings is required for all Guests ages 2 years and older during visits to the Disney store, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, Neck Gaiters and Open-chin Triangle Bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings under our policy. Costume Masks are also not acceptable.
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer's mouth. These face coverings must:
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
Guests must provide their own disposable or reusable face covering. The wearing of face masks does not replace physical distancing, which should be practiced at all times.
Will there be events at Disney stores that could draw large crowds?
In-store events and the daily Opening Ceremony have been paused at this time.
How is Disney screening its Cast Members?
Cast Members will be required to complete a health screening checklist and temperature check at home, prior to coming to work. Depending on a Cast Member's responses to the checklist, they may be directed not to come into work.
Can Guests expect a wait time before entering the Disney store?
We will have limited capacity in stores and at times you may need to wait to go in.
Are there any products that will not be available in store that were available before COVID-19?
Limited Edition and Limited Release products, including Disney store keys, may not be available in store at this time, but you can shop with us online at shopDisney.com for these items and more.
Will face coverings be available for purchase in Disney stores at this time?
Disney's cloth face coverings are currently available for purchase at shopDisney.com/face-masks and will be available in-store in the future.
Has Disney store changed its return policy?
For purchases made in-store on or after February 15, 2020, we will extend the returns window for 30 days after the store re-opens. Our return policy is the same in all other respects.
If you have inquiries concerning WDW and DLR park passports, please contact the following:
- Disneyland Guest Services: (714) 781-4636
- Walt Disney World: (407) 939-4251