What are Disney stores doing in response to COVID-19?
Based on recent trends and guidance, Disney Store has continued to make changes to health and safety measures:
- Where required by local law, reduced capacities to help facilitate physical distancing
- Relocating fixtures, furniture and products to make navigating the store easier
- Cast are required to wear face coverings regardless of vaccination status.
- In Disney stores located in “substantial” or “high” transmission areas or where required by local regulations, Guests are required to wear a face covering regardless of vaccination status.
- Ensuring easy access to hand sanitizers for Guests and Cast Members
- Enhancing our cleaning procedures throughout the day
How can I find out if my local Disney store is open?
Please refer to the Store Locator page for the latest information about your local Disney store
Will I need to practice physical distancing while at the Disney store?
Disney stores will follow local regulations for physical distancing. Physical distancing measures may include limited capacity in stores with greeters at storefront, in-store signage about physical distance requirements, as well as contactless payment options, and the installation and use of plexiglass shields at cash registers.
Will Guests be required to wear masks or face coverings to enter the store?
After careful consideration of guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), government agencies, and our own team of health and safety experts, fully vaccinated Guests may now enter Disney store locations without a face covering, unless the store is located in a “substantial” or “high” transmission area or where required by local regulations. Cast Members (including those that are fully vaccinated) are required to wear a face covering at all times.
In stores in “substantial” or “high” transmission areas or where required by local regulations, the use of appropriate face coverings is required for all Guests ages 2 years and older during visits to the Disney store, regardless of vaccination status. All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, Neck Gaiters and Open-chin Triangle Bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings under our policy. Costume Masks are also not acceptable.
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer's mouth. These face coverings must:
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
Guests must provide their own disposable or reusable face covering. The wearing of face masks does not replace physical distancing, which should be practiced at all times.
Can Guests expect a wait time before entering the Disney store?
Based on local regulations, we may have limited capacity in stores and at times you may need to wait to go in.
Are there any products that will not be available in store that were available before COVID-19?
Certain Limited Edition and Limited Release products may not be available in store, but you can shop with us online at shopDisney.com for these items and more.
Will face coverings be available for purchase in Disney stores at this time?
Disney's cloth face coverings are currently available for purchase in store and at shopDisney.com/face-masks.